Fall is a great time to perform annual automotive maintenance. It’s the calm before the (occasionally literal) winter storm, dangerous roads and other problems that winter brings. When the temperature drops, bring your vehicles into local auto repair shops in Madison, TN to get them looked over. Mechanics can check your car for problems, tune up systems that need help and ensure you’ll be safe on the road:
- Test the battery: Cold weather can strain your car’s battery, so you’ll want to make sure it’s ready to withstand the long, cold winter. Your mechanic will test the battery to see whether it will last the winter, and make sure all the electrical connections are free of corrosion or other problems. This ensures that you’ll never go to start up your car and find that you have a dead battery.
- Change the windshield wipers: Your windshield wipers take a beating throughout the year. They need to be replaced every so often so that the rubber wipers stay sturdy and flexible enough to clean your windshield during heavy precipitation.
- Check out the brakes and tires: Wet, icy winter roads can lead to serious accidents. Your mechanics will look over your tires for problems and rotate them if they need it. They’ll also let you know if you have tires ready to be replaced. In addition, they’ll inspect your brake system for flaws and replace the brake fluid and brake pads, if needed. If your brakes need additional attention, they’ll let you know.
- Make sure your lights are working: Keeping your lights in good working order is a safety concern—and luckily, if a light or two has gone out, it’s not an expensive repair to make. You need headlights, brake lights and turn signals to stay safe, especially as the nights get longer and the weather gets worse.
- Test the heater and defroster: Foggy windows and arctic indoor temperatures make it difficult to drive. Your mechanics will make sure your car’s cabin is just as safe as the exterior components.
- Regular maintenance tasks: Finally, your car’s tune-up will include all the other basic maintenance tasks, such as changing the oil and filters and topping off other fluids. If they find problems in other areas of your vehicle, they’ll let you know so you can repair them as soon as possible.
Having a local auto repair shop in Madison, TN perform these tasks will help keep your fall and winter driving as safe and comfortable as possible. Bonus tip: this is also a great time to wash and wax your car, to protect the paint from cold winter temperatures, road salt and more. The better you take care of your vehicle, the longer it will last and the more reliable it will be.
For help with all of your auto repair needs, let the team at Madison Muffler & Auto Repair assist you. Our experienced, friendly mechanics can perform everything from fall maintenance to major repairs. Call today—we look forward to assisting you!