No matter what happens to gas prices, it’s always a good idea to take steps to maximize your mileage to save money and time on frequent fill-ups. If you want to get better gas mileage in Madison, TN but are not sure where to start, try out a few basic tips and tricks that any driver can put into practice.
Here are some tips to help you get better gas mileage in Madison, TN:
- Keep tires inflated: Tire pressure can have a big impact on the fuel efficiency of your vehicle. Driving on deflated tires can increase drag and reduce your efficiency, especially when driving at high speeds. Keep your tires inflated to the recommended air pressure level to maximize efficiency and boost gas mileage.
- Check and change filters: Over time, fuel and air filters get clogged with dirt and debris and reduce the efficiency of your engine’s fuel consumption. To promote airflow and prevent any negative impacts on your gas mileage, it’s important to check and change these filters regularly. Both filters should be changed about every 15,000 miles. Check your owner’s manual for specific recommendations for your vehicle.
- Do your best to avoid traffic: Nobody likes sitting in traffic, and getting stuck in stop-and-go traffic can also have a negative impact on your fuel efficiency. In fact, it’s better to take a route that’s slightly longer than one that’s likely to take you through a traffic jam. Use a navigation app to identify the route with the least traffic and find a way home that allows you to avoid gridlock.
- Upgrade your oil: Regular oil changes are essential to the performance and efficiency of your engine, but not all oil changes offer the same benefits. To get the most out of your oil changes, consider upgrading to synthetic oil that offers better performance and longevity. As an added bonus, using synthetic oil means you won’t need to change your oil as frequently.
- Keep up on maintenance and repairs: Any problems with your vehicle have the potential to take a toll on your fuel efficiency. If you want better gas mileage in Madison, TN, it’s important to keep up on maintenance and repairs. Investing in routine preventative maintenance and handling repairs proactively can make a huge difference in the efficiency and performance of your vehicle. Making this kind of investment in your car pays off when it comes to your vehicle’s longevity, performance, efficiency and resale value in the long term.
Get better gas mileage in Madison, TN
To maximize your gas mileage, make sure you’re caring for your vehicle with routine services and preventative maintenance from Madison Muffler & Auto Repair. Our team of expert technicians is here to ensure your vehicle receives the highest quality services to improve its efficiency, performance and longevity. Whether you’re looking for a basic service appointment to get your vehicle tuned up or you need help with more extensive repairs, our team is equipped with the experience and knowledge to assist you. Reach out to us today to schedule an appointment.