You change your oil regularly. You check the tires before every road trip. You even run your vehicle through the car wash on occasional. With this regular maintenance, your car should run fine, right? Let’s not forget another important aspect of car care: air filter replacement in Madison, TN.
To many, this sounds like a minor issue. While it does require minor effort, if left ignored, it can become a major issue. Why are air filters and air filter replacement in Madison, TN so important? Here are the facts.
What the Filter Does
Have you ever ridden in a convertible, or even soared down the highway with your windows open? Think about how much wind you felt. Your car experiences this high-velocity airflow every time you hit the road. A significant amount of air flows through your vehicle during every drive. This air is filled with particles of dust, pollen and other debris.
The filters in your car trap this debris to protect both you and your vehicle from the elements. Air filters prevent particles from entering sensitive engine parts and the cabin of your car.
What a Dirty Filter Does
If air filter replacement in Madison, TN is neglected, your vehicle suffers—and so do you. Here’s how:
- Increased strain: A dirty filter makes your engine work harder to do its job.
- Debris infiltration: A worn filter lets debris into your engine, which could cause damage.
- AC damage: A dirty filter can affect the heating and air conditioning system and could cause terrible odors.
- Reduced economy: No one wants to pay more for gas, but a dirty filter will lower your fuel economy. The engine requires clean air to function properly and efficiently. If it can’t do so, your gas mileage suffers.
- Increased allergens: Do you suffer from seasonal allergies? Air filter replacement in Madison, TN can help reduce the volume of pollen and other allergens that make their way into your cabin. If the filter is dirty, more of these particles will get through, potentially inflaming your allergies.
What You Should Do
Don’t neglect air filter replacement in Madison, TN. Replace cabin filters at least every 12,000 miles or each year. Consult with your local mechanic or your vehicle owner’s manual to determine if this should be done more frequently, and how often you should replace the other filters in your car.
Considering the improved performance you can experience with a clean filter, the minimal investment required for air filter replacement in Madison, TN is well worth it. If it’s been a while since you replaced your car’s air filter, check its condition today and replace if needed.
Get More Info
Do you have additional questions about car maintenance or air filter replacement in Madison, TN? Reach out to the team at Madison Muffler & Auto Repair. Specializing in full-service auto repair, our experts are all ASE certified and are happy to answer any questions you have. We also provide engine and transmission repair and replacement, brake and oil changes, computer diagnostics, exhaust work, muffler replacement and repair and much more. Stop in or give us a call today!