The summer season is fast approaching, and with it comes the time for camping, traveling and enjoying the great outdoors. This means that many people will be taking their cars out on the open road. Before you embark on your next journey, however, there are several steps to take that will help you ensure that your car is safe and ready for a trip.
Performing a car inspection in Madison, TN can help you avoid the need for costly towing or worse while you’re out on the open road. It’s always a good idea to have your car examined by a professional before taking any extended drives. While modern cars are capable of withstanding a lot of abuse, it’s always important to invest in car care and maintenance before embarking on a long trip. Here are just some of the things that you should have inspected on your vehicle before you begin driving:
- Wheels and tires: First, you should examine the tread on your tires and make sure that they’re up to the task of a long drive. Next, make sure that your tires are all properly inflated, and check the wheels themselves for any damage or corrosion. Experiencing a blowout on the road is one of the most devastating things that can happen while driving.
- Brake pads: Brake pads experience a lot of wear and tear, which means that they’re one of the parts of your vehicle that is likely to wear down the fastest. You should have a professional inspect your front and rear brake pads and rotors to ensure that they’re capable of taking you where you need to go.
- Fluid levels: First, check your oil levels and make sure that you’re not in need of an oil change. Also examine the levels of power steering fluid, transmission fluid, coolant, brake fluid and windshield wiper fluid in your vehicle before embarking on your trip.
- Brake and clutch cables: You should ask a mechanic to check up on the health of your brake and clutch cables before you begin driving. If you’re not able to control your brakes and clutch, it’s not safe to drive your vehicle under any circumstances.
- Wipers and lights: During your car inspection in Madison, TN, be sure to have your wipers and lights examined. All of your lights should be responsive to your controls, and your wipers should be able to quickly remove all fluid from your windshield without leaving any smears or streaks. If they can’t, you won’t be able to see in bad weather conditions.
For more than a decade, Madison Muffler & Auto Repair has been the premier place for local residents to obtain a car inspection in Madison, TN. Our ASE certified mechanics possess the expertise, tools and skill necessary to help you ensure that your car is ready for whatever the road may throw at it. Reach out to one of our friendly, knowledgeable representatives today to learn more about the ways that we can help you maximize your vehicle.