Thankfully, it’s finally spring! We can put away our winter coats and stop cranking up the heat in our cars on our way to work. As the weather warms up this spring and summer, we’ll need to switch the heat in our cars to refreshing air conditioning so we’re not uncomfortable on our daily commutes. Will your car be ready to battle the warmer temperatures and keep you cool on your way to work or school? If not, it may be time to take a trip to an auto mechanic in Madison, TN for spring AC service.
How to tell your AC is failing
- AC is blowing warm air: It’s natural for the AC in your car to take a few minutes before it kicks on and starts blowing out cool air. However, if you have the AC on full blast and the air is still warm, you’ve got an issue. Bring your vehicle in to one of our professional auto mechanics and allow us to diagnose and fix the issue.
- Weak airflow: If your car is blowing out some cool air, but it’s not as cold as it once was, there’s no way you’re going to stay comfortable all summer long. Weak airflow can be caused by something as simple as a loose hose, or something more serious like a damaged or broken ventilation fan. Only a professional auto mechanic in Madison, TN will know for sure the cause of the issue and be able to fix it in a timely manner.
How mechanics can prep your AC
- Recharge your AC: Over time, a car’s pressurized AC system can develop leaks. Once enough refrigerant has leaked out, the unit won’t be able to produce enough cold air to keep you cool throughout the summer. Bring your car into us and let us seal any cracks and recharge your unit with pressurized refrigerant.
- Check and replace fuses: There are fuses all throughout your vehicle that perform a variety of different services. Although a blown fuse in your AC system isn’t the biggest issue in the world, it can be a major inconvenience in the warmer months when all you want is some refreshing cool air. A blown fuse can cause the fans or compressor to stop working; if that’s the case, you won’t be able to get any refreshing air until it’s been replaced by a professional mechanic. Allow one of our mechanics to check all of the fuses in your system and replace any that appear to be faulty.
- Check the fans: Your AC system’s fans ensure the cool air generated in the system gets blown through the vents and into your vehicle. If any of these fans are bent or broken, you aren’t going to be cooled down anytime soon. A professional mechanic will be able to check all of the fans to make sure they’re working as they should be.
Don’t sweat in your car this spring or summer—give Madison Muffler & Auto Repair a call to schedule AC service with a friendly auto mechanic in Madison, TN and prepare your car to combat sweltering summer temperatures.