The heat and humidity of summer can wreak havoc on your car, causing you to need to visit the auto repair shop in Madison, TN sooner than you anticipated. With a little care, you can have your car operating at its top performance all through the summer. Follow these tips this summer to take care of your car:
- Change your oil: Follow the recommendations in your owner’s manual for how often to change your car’s oil and oil filter. This will help make sure your car runs as efficiently as possible. You will want to keep your oil changed all year long, as well as throughout the summer. If you make short, frequent trips, think about having your oil changed more often by your auto repair shop in Madison, TN, as it will need it more regularly.
- Have your air conditioning serviced: With the heat of the summer, you will want to make sure your air conditioner is working properly. A system that only works marginally will just not cut it in the summer heat. Have your auto repair shop in Madison, TN, take a look at your air conditioner to make sure it keeps your car cool. Be sure to change the cabin air filter in your heating and cooling system, as it cleans the air entering it.
- Have maintenance done on your engine: Engine operation is key to the performance of your vehicle. Have all your filters changed, as dirt can build up in these due to the summer’s dusty conditions. Talk to your auto repair shop about any issues you are having with your engine. This will affect the car’s drivability and can leave you stranded in the summer.
- Check your battery: Have the power level of your battery checked. This will ensure you don’t experience a dead battery this summer. Keep the battery clean by removing any corrosion that has built up. Tighten all the connections and check the fluid level if the battery caps are removable. Replace if the charge is low.
- Rotate your tires: With all the driving you will be doing this summer, it’s a good idea to have your tires rotated. This should be done every 5,000 miles. Also be sure to have your tire pressure checked once a month, and ensure that your spare is ready for use in case of a breakdown. Inspect your tires for any unusual wear or nicks and cuts. An auto repair shop in Madison, TN can rotate your tires and provide an inspection of their tread.
- Get new windshield wipers: Purchase a new set of windshield wipers to start the summer. This will replace your worn out blades and help to keep your windshield clear during rain storms. Also check your windshield washer fluid level. You will want to keep this full to make sure your windshield stays clean so you can see properly.
These simple tips can help ensure you don’t experience any unnecessary vehicle breakdowns this summer. An auto repair shop in Madison, TN can help you with some preventative maintenance and any repairs you may need to get your car operating safely and efficiently. Contact Madison Muffler & Auto Repair for your car’s service check. We provide full service maintenance on all makes and models of vehicles.