Who can you trust to repair your car? This doesn’t have to be a guess. When choosing a mechanic for auto repair in Madison, TN, simply look for ASE certification. This title lets know you will be working with a professional who has the knowledge and experience needed to provide excellent service. Not familiar with ASE certification? Let’s review the basics to reveal its advantages.
Who ASE certifies
Technicians must possess vast knowledge and experience to become ASE certified. They attend training and study for a national exam which tests their knowledge of vehicle mechanics. About 150,000 technicians take ASE tests annually. Technicians who fulfill experience requirements and pass multiple exams earn Master Technician status. Once earned, ASE certification must be renewed every five years to ensure technicians keep up with the latest advances in technology.
Not everyone passes these difficult exams, which weed out less-competent technicians. Since the exam is also voluntary, it further eliminates less-motivated workers. As a result, technicians who are ASE certified are typically the most highly motivated, capable and knowledgeable professionals in the industry. Choosing an ASE-certified technician means you are choosing from among the best.
What to look for
If you see an ASE sign in a shop, this means at least one ASE-certified technician works there. In addition to this sign, each ASE-certified technician is provided credentials that list their areas of certification. Eight tests are available for auto technician certification: engine repair, engine performance, electrical/electronic systems, brakes, heating and air conditioning, suspension and steering, manual drive train and axles and automatic transmissions. Additionally, exams are available for collision repair/paint technicians, damage estimators and parts specialists.
Technicians can wear the appropriate blue and white ASE shoulder insignia of their area of certification. They also have certificates which are commonly displayed in customer service areas. If at least 75 percent of service personnel are certified, the business is recognized with a Blue Seal of Excellence from ASE. If you see this sign, know that the facility is among the best in the nation. Only about 1,500 businesses are part of this program.
The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) recommends the following tips for drivers to ensure you are trusting your vehicle to the best professionals:
- Research the company. Ask for recommendations from friends and associates. Check consumer reports.
- Don’t choose your shop solely by location. Make arrangements for transportation in advance so you are not stuck with whatever shop happens to be closest.
- Look for modern equipment in the service area and a neat, well-organized shop.
- Glance over the vehicles in the parking lot of the shop. Make sure they are equal in value to your own to know if the shop will be a good fit for your repairs.
- Only take your car to technicians who are willing to answer your questions and provide courteous service.
- Look for customer service awards, community service and other signs of professionalism.
- Look for certification by ASE.
You can easily check all these items off your list at Madison Muffler & Auto Repair. Highly-qualified technicians await to provide you with excellent service. Contact us today for auto repair in Madison, TN.