Your car’s engine is like the heart beating inside of your body. When any signs that it could be in trouble arise, you want to get it looked at and taken care of as soon and as effectively as possible. Here at Madison Muffler & Auto Repair, we have seen what happens when drivers ignore initial warning signs that there is something wrong with their engines, and the damage can be extensive and costly.
Rather than increase the burden, you would be smart to familiarize yourself with signs that you need auto repair in Madison, TN. To that end, here are five common indicators that there might be something wrong with your engine:
- Warning lights: If you received a warning notice from your credit card company, your doctor or your landlord, chances are you would take it very seriously. This same attitude should be applied to your vehicle’s “check engine” light. Certified mechanics have diagnostic tools that allow them to quickly pinpoint the problem, but this light is the initial sign that something is wrong. Try to take your car to the mechanic within a week of the light turning on.
- Strange noises: Whether it is a thump thump thump, a tap tap tap or even a small click click click, unusual noises coming from your engine are never good. Some drivers might be tempted to wait and see if the issue will work itself out, but if it has gotten to the point where you can hear it, then it is most likely past that point. Strange noises could indicate problems in the transmission, combustion chamber or other component of the engine.
- No smooth riding: Unless you have a jalopy that is several decades old, your car should give you a relatively smooth ride. If you start noticing that your cars jerks more than usual, stalls too often or requires more forceful steering, this could be a sign that your fuel lines are clogged, your spark plugs are damaged or something else is seriously wrong with your car’s engine.
- Unusual odors: Just about every car will occasionally give off faint gasoline or burning smells, but once those smells become more noticeable or strange, it is time to take notice. It could be something as harmless as worn engine belts, or something as serious as an excess of carbon monoxide. Whatever it may be, your local mechanic ought to take a look.
- Smoking car: Once your car’s engine starts smoking, you truly cannot put anything off in regards to auto repair in Madison, TN. When this happens when you are driving, it is time to pull over and either call a towing service or request mobile roadside assistance from your trusted mechanic.
When you are in need of convenient, accurate and effective auto repair in Madison, TN, Madison Muffler & Auto Repair is here to help. If you notice any of the above warning signs with your engine, please give us a call or bring your car by our shop today.