Regular maintenance is essential to the health and longevity of your vehicle. Scheduling regular service at an auto repair shop in Madison, TN will ensure your vehicle continues to run as smoothly as possible for as long as possible. Many vehicle owners know this, but aren’t aware of what is involved in this maintenance and how it specifically benefits their vehicle. Here’s the inside scoop:
- Oil changes: The hundreds of moving parts that make your drive possible need lubricant to keep them running smoothly. Often, the space between parts is slimmer than a dime, so oil must be present to prevent harmful metal-to-metal contact. Over time, motor oil loses its lubrication ability, becoming thicker or burning away. Regular oil changes ensure your vehicle has the fresh oil it needs to maintain efficient, healthy operation.
- Oil filter changes: When mechanics change the oil in your vehicle, they also change the oil filter. This part collects the debris and other small particles that end up in your systems. As the oil cycles throughout all the moving parts, it picks up dirt. The dirty oil then travels through the filter, where the particles are collected, keeping them out of your engine. Changing this filter regularly ensures this continued engine protection.
- Overall inspection: An important aspect of getting an oil change is the inspection the technician performs on your vehicle. In addition to changing the oil and filter, the mechanic looks over the car, searching for any potential problems, verifying proper fluid levels in all systems and identifying any other issues present. This inspection helps prevent small issues from becoming large ones.
- Heating and cooling system maintenance: Proper maintenance of your radiator includes clean coolant that is flushed bi-annually. This system should be inspected regularly for leaks or brittle parts. Your mechanic will ensure the system has an appropriate water/coolant mix and that coolant is not escaping your car. Leaks result in an overheated engine, which can mean costly repairs.
- Brakes: Due to normal wear and tear, brake pads must be regularly When you hear a slight squealing or squeaking noise as you brake, it is time to take your vehicle to an auto repair shop in Madison, TN. If you don’t hear any noises, but the brake pedal feels different, this is also a sign you are ready for new brake pads. Your mechanic will install fresh pads, ensuring your safety and preventing damage to the rotors.
- Tires: Your vehicle’s tires are often taken for granted. Their wear happens so gradually most drivers don’t notice unless they have a flat or a blow-out. It is important to properly maintain tire pressure and inspect tires regularly for wear. Unusual wear is a sign that the tires need to be aligned. A mechanic will perform a wheel alignment, inspect all tires and check for proper pressure.
Servicing your car at Madison Muffler & Auto Repair can help you extend its life and save you money down the road. Investing in the proper service of your vehicle is well-worth the time and effort to avoid costly repairs that result from poor maintenance. Schedule your next service today at your auto repair shop in Madison, TN.