As an automobile owner, you’re probably pretty aware of the needs that your vehicle has—everything from gassing up when the fuel gauge ticks down to empty, to seeking auto repairs in Madison, TN when the “check engine” light comes on. And, if you’ve been driving for any length of time at all, you’re probably also very well aware of the necessary routine auto services that you should be investing in throughout the life of your vehicle. In case you’re not, however, here are five routine auto maintenance and repair procedures that you should never, ever skip out on:
- Regular oil changes: Skipping out on an oil change is the equivalent of directly shaving years of life off of your vehicle—it’s that serious. Because an oil change encompasses all of the high-functioning parts of your vehicle and ensures that they’re properly lubricated and in good working order, skipping out on an oil change could mean wear and tear, as well as other damage that’s completely avoidable. Moreover, an oil change isn’t expensive and is over in a matter of minutes, making it one of the easiest things you can do to keep your vehicle in great working order for longer.
- Rotate and align your tires: When it comes to a part of your vehicle that’s sees more abuse than the rest, there’s no question it’s your suspension. Every bump in the road or pothole that you just can’t avoid is another shock to your suspension and the result might be misalignment over time. Coupled with road wear, your tires need to be rotated and aligned from time to time, to make sure they’re still functioning at their best capacity.
- Replace your filters: Chances are, an oil change will take care of filter replacements for your vehicle, but if that’s not the case, you should always remember to tend to your vehicle’s various filters as a basic form of auto repairs in Madison, TN. Your fuel filter, oil filter and air filter are the primary three to worry about and keeping up on these changes as the filters become worn out is a great way to maintain supreme functionality in your vehicle’s various operational facets.
- Exhaust and emissions: People often overlook their exhaust system when it comes to basic maintenance because they’re not really sure what to do with it! Like any system of your vehicle, maintenance is very important when dealing with the exhaust system, so make sure that yours is inspected and tended to as part of your regular routine. This can prevent things such as corrosion of your brackets or even damage to something costly, like your oxygen sensor.
- Check your brakes: It’s easy to appreciate the acceleration of a vehicle, but you might find yourself thanking your brakes more often than not! Stopping power saves lives when it comes to vehicles, but if your brakes are old or worn, you might not have the stopping power that you think you do. Have your brakes inspected and replaced as needed and make sure that inspections are part of your routine maintenance!
These are just five simple auto repairs in Madison, TN that can have a tremendous difference on the function of your auto if they’re overlooked even once. Make sure that you’re being a responsible vehicle owner and taking these five basic maintenance items into account each time you’re due for service.